Whether your skin is acne-prone or you just had a stressful week and are experiencing a random breakout, the need to rid of pimples and blemishes fast is something we've all experienced at one point or another.
What Not to Do
Let's start with red flags - the "do nots":
- Don't Pick: Picking is never helpful. This can very tempting especially when irritating or painful acne arises, but picking causes further irritation and inflammation, can delay healing, and even can cause permanent or long-term scarring.
- Don't Squeeze: Squeezing can increase irritation and promote unwanted infections.
- Don't Touch: Touching the skin more often than not happens with dirty hands that can introduced bacteria to the pores and below the skin's surface. This can cause worsening or new blemishes to appear.
- Don't Consume Excess Sugar: Sugar is known to cause breakouts in many people, so it's best to avoid that cupcake.
What to Do:
Some tactics are helpful for resolving acne and blemishes. Here is what we suggest - the "dos":
- Wear Sunscreen: Sunscreen is a jack of all trades. The sun can worse acne, so using a daily sunscreen is a must. All of our sunscreens are non-comedogenic, meaning they shouldn't cause breakouts.
- Cleanse Thoroughly: Whether you use a mild cleanser like our Gentle Foaming Cleanser or specialty cleanser like our Multi-Action Medicated Foaming cleanser, keeping the skin clean from environmental debris and excess oil will help your skin clear more quickly and effectively.
- Use a Topical Treatment: Topical products such as the Blemish Vanishing Spot Treatment are specifically formulated to dry out acne and blemishes, significantly reducing their size and appearance.
- See a Dermatologist: If acne or blemishes persist or worsen, it's a great idea to see a specialist. Treatments can include topical products, facials, or injections